- Environmental and Water Law
- Energy, Natural Resources and Regulated Industries
- Real Estate and Property Development
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Corporate and Business Law
Justin Newell Hesser devotes his practice to helping agricultural businesses and families with their legal needs. Clients benefit from the values and knowledge he learned from his mother and grandparents while growing up on their Western Nebraska ranch.
In his transactional practice Justin regularly negotiates oil and gas leases and surface use agreements; drafts agreements and conducts due diligence for real estate transactions; assists clients with curing mineral title defects; and prepares estate plans. Justin also helps families through trust administration or probate, including litigation involving fiduciary duties. His experience also includes advising clients regarding entity formation and commercial disputes.
Prior to joining DDRH, Justin clerked for the Honorable Thomas Campbell in the First Judicial District in Cheyenne. He graduated from the University of Wyoming law school with honors.
Justin stays up to date on current legal issues through memberships in the American Agricultural Law Association, Animal Agriculture Alliance, and Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation. He is licensed to practice in Wyoming and Nebraska.
Justin finds an escape from the office by heading to the ranch or volunteering with Laramie County 4-H as a club leader. He is also a volunteer with the Contract Acts committee at Cheyenne Frontier Days. He is married to Megan and they have two children: Grayson and McKenna.
Notable Experience, Projects and Cases
- Assists clients in areas of water rights and use.
- Assists clients in various matters related to ownership of mineral rights, oil and gas leases and surface use agreements.
- Drafts wills and estate documents, as well as handles probate proceedings.
- Represents clients before administrative agencies.
- Serves clients in a variety of civil and commercial litigation matters.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Wyoming Law Review—Comment–“The Nature of Interstate Groundwater Resources and the Need for States to Effectively Manage the Resource Through Interstate Compacts” 2011
- Wyoming Law Review–Case Note,–“Administrative Procedure—Deliberating in the Open? Applying Wyoming’s Public Meetings Act to Contested Case Hearings; Decker v. State ex rel. Wyo. Med. Comm’n” 2010
- American Agricultural Law Association Annual Student Symposium – Presenter
Licensed to practice law in:
All Wyoming State Courts
Nebraska State Courts
Wyoming State Bar Association
Nebraska State Bar Association
Ewing T. Kerr Inns of Court
Laramie County Bar Association
J.D., University of Wyoming College of Law
B.A., Ball State University–Journalism
News and Recognition
For more information on Justin’s recent professional activities visit the News and Recognition page.
To view Justin’s Martindale-Hubbell profile page, click:http://www.martindale.com/Justin-Newell-Hesser/168521222-lawyer.htm