- Corporate and Business Law including Tax-Exempt Entities andMergers and Acquisitions
- Banking, Creditor’s Rights and Bankruptcy
- Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- Real Estate and Property Development
Greg has practiced with Dray, Dyekman, Reed & Healey, P.C. for his entire career, building a broad legal practice and establishing expertise in many emphasis areas. His reputation for competence in a broad array of legal matters has yielded recognition by his peers and national industry publications in 11 practice area categories. Greg has received the “AV” rating from Martindale Hubbell and was twice named “Lawyer of the Year” for Trusts and Estates by the editors of Best Lawyers. He has been consistently listed as a top tier attorney inBest Lawyers in America/US News and World Report in 11 legal emphasis areas,Mountain States Super Lawyers (Business/Corporate) and by Chambers and Partners (Real Estate and Corporate Law). Fellow Wyoming legal practitioners have recognized Greg for his expertise and professionalism with the Wyoming State Bar Leadership Award and the Thomas G. Gorman Excellence in Professionalism Award from the Ewing T. Kerr Inn, American Inns of Court.
Greg has extensive experience in high dollar transactions, notable for their complexity, subject matter, size and value. He has collaborated with some of the largest firms in the country on a variety of transactions and cases involving business and corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, banking and creditor’s rights, real estate and property development and litigation. Greg has worked all over Wyoming and is well known for providing a high level of client service and being a pleasure to work with.
A life-long Wyoming resident, Greg believes strongly in giving back to his community and state and has served in leadership roles for many community organizations and projects. He has received several awards for his legendary civic commitment such as the Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Person of the Year Award and the Wyoming Bar Foundation Pro-Bono Public Service Award and was recently chosen as a University of Wyoming Distinguished Alumni for his professional achievements and community service.
Notable Experience, Projects and Cases
- Prepared opinions in connection with multiple large lending transactions involving many large national banks and corporations.
- Coordinated multiple business sales, purchases, mergers and acquisitions.
- Coordinated ranch and business real estate sales and financing arrangements.
- Engaged in sophisticated bankruptcy practice for creditors throughout Wyoming.
- Successfully pursued first administrative appeal to Wyoming Supreme Court on issues relating to consumer lending regulation under Wyoming UCCC.
- Litigated many business disputes to trial and settlement.
- Presented many appeals to the Wyoming Supreme Court on various subjects such as real estate disputes, banking and creditor’s rights issues, sovereign immunity, consumer credit regulations, estate and trust law, workers’ compensation, state taxation and physician medical staff privileges.
- Successfully assisted hundreds of clients with estate and business planning and estate administration.
Publications and speaking engagements
- Adjunct Professor, University of Wyoming College of Law–Creditor’s rights and bankruptcy
- Adjunct Professor, Laramie County Community College–Banking and Business Law
- Instructor, American Institute of Banking–Commercial Loan Documentation
- Chapter Contributor, BNA–“Doing Business in Wyoming”
- Chapter Contributor, ABA–“Foreclosure in Wyoming”
- Chapter Contributor, ABA–“Guide for Commercial Lenders”
- Chapter Contributor, ABA–“The Law of Guaranties”
- Lecturer, BARBRI Bar Review Course (24 yrs.)–Commercial Paper, Secured Transactions and Wills, Trusts, Estates and UCCC
- Column and review contributor, Wyoming Lawyer, published by Wyoming State Bar
- Past Editor in Chief, Coffeehouse, published by Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association
- Frequent public speaker on various legal and philanthropic topics
- Editor in Chief, Land and Water Law Review
- Meals on Wheels Foundation Board–President
- Boy Scouts of America Board of Trustees–President, President Elect, Vice President of Endowments, Board Attorney
- University of Wyoming–Distinguished Alumni, 2012; Foundation Board, Chairman, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Emeritus Board Member; College of Arts and Sciences Board of Visitors, Chairman; College of Law Advisory Board, Founding Member;Cowboy Joe Club, membership blitz captain
- United Way of Laramie County Board–County Campaign Co-Chair
- Cheyenne Kiwanis Club–Board Member; Cheyenne Kiwanis Foundation, President
- Cheyenne YMCA Board of Directors–President
- United Medical Center Foundation–Davis Hospice Center Campaign Cabinet
- Cheyenne Schools Foundation Board
- Cheyenne Newspapers Inc.–Board of Directors, Community Representative, Editorial Board
- Cheyenne Symphony Orchestra Board–President, Vice President
- Pro-bono Legal Consultant (governance and endowment issues)–Cheyenne Little Theatre Board of Directors, Cheyenne Animal Shelter Foundation, Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne Foundation and United Way of Laramie County.
Licensed to practice law in:
All Wyoming State and Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts
10th Circuit Court of Appeals
10th Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel
U.S. Supreme Court
American Bar Association
Wyoming State Bar–Chairman, Law School Liaison Committee; Leadership Award, 1st Judicial District
American Academy of Appellate Lawyers
Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association
Permanent Appellate Rules Committee–Chairman, Supreme Court appointee
Disciplinary Judge–Supreme Court appointee
Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council–President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary
Ewing T. Kerr Inns of Court–President, President Elect, Counselor, Organizing Committee
University of Wyoming College of Law Dean’s Advisory Board–Founding member
Laramie County Bar–Secretary
Chamber of Commerce-Total Resource Campaign–Volunteer
Cheyenne LEADS (Economic Development)–Chairman of the Board of Directors
Leadership Wyoming, Class of 2003
American Bankruptcy Institute
J.D., University of Wyoming College of Law
B.A., Hons., University of Wyoming, College of Business – Accounting
News and Recognition
For more information on Greg’s recent professional activities visit theNews and Recognition page.
To view Greg’s Martindale-Hubbell profile page, click: http://www.martindale.com/Gregory-C-Dyekman/1808487-lawyer.htm