- Corporate and Business Law
- Litigation, Appellate Practice & Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate and Property Development
- Estate Planning and Administration
Matt became an Associate in September 2016. Prior to joining the firm, Matt served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Kelly H. Rankin, Chief Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court for the District of Wyoming. Matt’s practice focuses on the representation of financial institutions and companies in the areas of financing and other commercial transactions. These transactions involve real and personal property, regulatory and compliance issues, and various other transactional matters. Matt’s diverse knowledge also includes the area of real estate and property law. Although Matt is not a Wyoming native, he does believe in service and giving back to his community through various volunteer and civic programs including the Black Dog Animal Rescue. Matt excelled in college and made the Dean’s list every semester during his Juris Doctor education.
Notable Experience, Projects and Cases
- Assists clients with complex litigation issues in state and federal courts.
- Advises clients on regulatory issues related to business organizations.
- Advises and assists clients in real estate and property issues.
- Serves clients in civil and commercial litigation.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
Charlotte Law Review, Spring 2015 – Discretion Abused: Reinterpreting the Appellate Standard of Review for Hearsay, 6 Charlotte L. Rev. 145 (2015).
Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming, Summer 2016 – Find-em! Feed-em! And Forget-em . . . Panel Discussion Regarding Experts (August 11, 2016).
Licensed to practice law in:
All Wyoming State Courts
Wyoming Federal District Court
Wyoming State Bar Association
American Bar Association
J.D., Michigan State University College of Law
B.S., Grand Valley State University
Black Dog Animal Rescue
News and Recognition
For more information on Matt’s recent professional activities visit the News and Recognition page.