- Environmental Law
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Regulated Industries
- Corporate and Business Law including Private Securities
- Banking, Creditor’s Rights and Bankruptcy
Courtney became an associate with Dray, Dyekman, Reed & Healey, P.C. in September 2016. Prior to joining the firm, she spent one year as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Chief Judge Nancy D. Freudenthal in the United States District Court for the District of Wyoming. Her primary practice focuses on representing companies in business formation and contracting, financing and mergers. Courtney grew up in Pinedale, Wyoming, where her family ran an outfitting business.
Notable Experience, Projects and Cases
- Assists clients in the offering of private securities and associated regulatory matters.
- Serves clients in a variety of civil and commercial litigation matters.
- Assists clients on various matters related to ownership of mineral rights, oil and gas leases, surface use and joint operating agreements.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Thesis: Finding a Seat for Women at the Table: Exploring the potential policy implication of having male-dominated natural resource task forces in Wyoming.
- Member of the team that placed third in the nation at the West Virginia University Law School’s National Energy and Sustainability Moot Court Competition. The team also placed second in the best brief category.
- Represented the University of Wyoming at the Pace National Environmental Moot Court Competition at Pace University in White Plains, New York.
- Wyoming Lawyer, Hunting in Wyoming: Resident vs. Non-Resident Privileges, June 2016.
Licensed to practice law in:
All Wyoming State Courts
Wyoming State Bar Association
Ewing T. Kerr Inns of Court
J.D., University of Wyoming, College of Law, with honors
M.A.,University of Wyoming,Environment and Natural Resources School
B.A., Western Washington University, Economics, cum laude
Secretary/Treasurer of the Young Lawyers Section of the Wyoming State Bar
News and Recognition
For more information on Courtney’s professional activities visit the News and Recognition page.