Estate Planning and Administration
Corporate and Business Law
Health Care Law
Real Estate and Property Development
Perry is Dray, Dyekman, Reed & Healey, P.C.’s founding partner. He started the firm in 1975 and developed a sole practice into one of Cheyenne’s most experienced, continuous law firms. Perry brings a wealth of experience to his transactional and litigation practice. He has been lead counsel on multi-million dollar deals, appeared before most levels of state and federal court and administrative agencies and served as a legislative advocate for international corporations. He is one of a handful of lawyers in Wyoming who has negotiated and litigated with foreign governments on behalf of business clients. Perry has also served as a Judge Advocate General in the U.S. Army.
Perry has been consistently recognized for his professional achievements. He has held the “AV Preeminent” Attorneys Rating for well over 30 years by Martindale Hubbell and has an “Exceptional” rating in Chambers U.S.A. He has been voted as one of the Best Lawyers in America (top 1% of Lawyers in Corporate Law and Health Law) for the past 20 plus years, selected for inclusion on the Mountain States Super Lawyers roster at least 21 times and chosen by American Lawyer as a Top Rated Lawyer (Trusts and Estates).
Notable Experience, Projects and Cases
Drafted and lobbied to successful passage the first Limited Liability Company Statute in the United States (all 50 states later adopted similar laws).
Assisted with estate planning of multi-million dollar estates.
Served as a Special Attorney General (Wyoming) representing University of Wyoming.
Served as a legislative advocate before the Wyoming State Legislature for twenty years representing such clients as Chevron Corporation; Texas Eastern; Traffic Safety Now; Wyoming Bankers Association; Wyoming Beer Dealers Association; Wyoming Trucking Association; Hamilton Brothers, LPS; Motion Picture Association of America; Children’s Hospital (Denver, Colorado); and Mountain West Farm Bureau Insurance Company.
Coordinated the lease and sale of real property between land owners and energy companies. Served as lead counsel for Express Pipeline during its construction of a multi-million dollar natural gas pipeline from Canada across Wyoming.
Acted as liaison between city councils and major retail companies interested in constructing facilities.
Assisted in corporate restructuring as well as stock issues.
Represented Cheyenne Regional Medical Center for 25 years as it grew from a small community hospital, merged with DePaul Hospital, and became a sophisticated regional health care center.
Negotiated and litigated with foreign governments on behalf of business clients.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Attracting and Retaining Clients, “Proud To Be a Wyoming Lawyer: Providing High Quality Legal Services” Aspators Press, 2008
- Wyoming Law Journal–“Right to Work: Prohibition of Expression or Coercion” 1973
- Wyoming Law Journal – ”Municipal Tort Liability: Purchase of Liability Insurance as a Waiver of Immunity” 1964
- Instructor – Advanced Estate Planning Course, American College of Life Underwriters
- Lecturer – Estate planning, taxation and hospital law
- The Young Men’s Literary Club – member, 1990-present
- Stride Foundation, Cheyenne – 1980-present
- Cheyenne Symphony Board of Directors – 1996-1998
- Rotary Club of Cheyenne – 1992-present
- Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce – member of Cheyenne Social Club, State, Local & National Affairs, Public Relations, Military Affairs Committees
- Cheyenne Frontier Days – Night Show and Security Committees
- University of Wyoming – Board of Trustees 1987-1995
- University of Utah Medical School – Board of Trustees 1989-1995
- Western Research Corporation – Board of Trustees 1987-1995
- Unicover Corporation; Unicover World Trade Corporation; Unicover International Sales Corporation – Board of Directors 1978-2013.
Licensed to practice law in:
All Wyoming State and Federal Courts
U.S. Court of Appeals (10th Circuit)
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Tax Court
Wyoming State Bar Association
Laramie County Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
American Hospital Attorneys
Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council
American Bar Association (Section on Taxation, Business Law, Law Practice Management)
Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association
Defense Lawyers of Wyoming, Inc.
J.D., University of Wyoming College of Law
LL.M, (Taxation) George Washington University College of Law
B.S., University of Wyoming, College of Arts and Science
News and Recognition
For more information on Perry’s recent professional activities visit the News and Recognition page.
To view Perry’s Martindale-Hubbell profile page, click: http://www.martindale.com/W-Perry-Dray/1808485-lawyer.htm